Top Ten Reasons to Save for Retirement
Eileen St. Pierre, The Everyday Financial Planner
Yeah, I know most people have already spent their tax refunds already. But just in case you are still pondering what to do with it, saving for retirement should be high on your list. You have until April 15 to make your 2014 contributions. You can put $5,500 in an IRA plus another $1,000 if you are 50 or older.
Here is a countdown of my top ten reasons to save for retirement:
10. If you think a gallon of milk is expensive now, just wait 20 years.
9. If you think health care is confusing now, just wait 20 years.
8. The senior discount only goes so far.
7. The tornado may blow away the mattress you’re stuffing with $100 bills.
6. So you can afford that really big car that you’re going to drive real slow around town.
5. The 800 pound gorilla in the room – Inflation.
4. No need to worry – the government will take care of me.
3. Working is so overrated.
2. Winning the lottery is not a realistic retirement strategy!
1. You mean I’ll have to move in with my kids?