The Top 10 Things to Look Forward to in 2014
Eileen St. Pierre, The Everyday Financial Planner
Your Christmas tree is becoming a fire hazard. You’re praying for temps in the 50’s so that you don’t freeze to death taking down Christmas lights. There’s no more holiday music on the radio. Yep, Christmas season is coming to an end and the bills will be arriving soon.
To keep you from becoming a scrooge this early in the year, approach the new year with a bit of a sense of humor. Here’s my list of the top ten things to look forward to in 2014:
10. Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus. Congress may just agree on something else this year. They managed to pass a budget last month.
9. The bulls keep running so I get excited about looking at my retirement portfolio balance.
8. My husband told me I could be the first female Chair of the Federal Reserve. I’m glad Janet Yellen beat me to it.
7. Raising the debt ceiling again – yet another fine example of money management to pass along to future generations.
6. More technology that I have absolutely no clue how to use.
5. Super Bowl commercials
4. Watching the Winter Olympics – hopefully Vladimir Putin will put a shirt on.
3. Major election in November – Looking forward to all those “robocalls” from politicians disrupting my dinner.
2. Being one of the “chosen few” actually helped by Obamacare.
1. Hopefully our fine men and women in the military will finally get to leave Afghanistan.
Best wishes for a happy, healthy, and prosperous New Year from